Sunday 17 March 2013

Pretty Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting


Due to my exams I took a break from work, but now that they have all finished I'm back to enjoying my job. For my first day back at work I wanted to give my colleagues something special, what's more special than making something with my own hands? So I thought of the best edible gift...Cupcakes!


These are vanilla cupcakes (I'll share the recipe for the cupcakes soon on another post) with a raspberry frosting. Now since I'm in the Middle East I couldn't use fresh raspberries as they don't sell them so I had to use raspberry essence which worked out fine. However if you have fresh raspberries do use them instead of the essence.

I had to make these cupcakes look pretty hence I used the rose swirl, doesn't it look like a bed of roses? To do the roses you'll need to have the right piping tip, I used the 2D drop flower tip (it's one of my favourites is well!) But honestly these cupcakes taste good with or without the fancy frosting design. So if you don't have the right tip do not be put off, these are definitely worth a try :)

For the frosting:
250g unsalted butter
500g (4 cups) icing sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp of raspberry essence
Couple of drops of pink food colouring (gel works best)
  1. Beat the butter in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
  2. Sift in the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
  3. Add in the raspberry and beat again for around 3 minutes
  4. Last add the food colouring and give a quick mix until the frosting has turned pink
  5. Pipe onto your cupcakes and enjoy!






6 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog from the Sweet & Savoury Sunday link party! This raspberry frosting is beautiful and I'm sure it tastes amazing!

    Have a Sweet day!
    ~ Heather
    My-Sweet-Mission.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcakes look beautiful, I love your rose frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the roses! Is there a link to a tutorial for how to do that? It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Kristin! I havn't made a tutorial on how to do the roses yet, but I will do soon and I'll post it up on the blog :)

      Delete