Sunday 10 March 2013

Mocha Fudge with Salted Caramel


Mocha fudge with salted caramel
I love mocha and I love salted caramel, the two work very well together, but whats even better is a rich chocolatey mocha fudge with a slight drizzle of salted caramel. Seriously this is so good and super easy to make.


The fudge recipe is very easy to make and requires a minimum amount of effort. The only thing that does take a little time and effort is the salted caramel, but it is totally worth it, I used Nigella's salted caramel recipe which turned out great. You can just skip the salted caramel as the fudge tastes good without it, but I do highly recommend using it, as it transfers the fudge from a sweet treat to a delectable dessert.

(Makes around 25 pieces)
For the fudge:
1 396g can of condensed milk
250g of milk chocolate
150g of plain chocolate
50g unsalted butter
1 tablespoon of instant coffee
  1. First dissolve the coffee with half a teaspoon of hot water, let it cool down
  2. Line a square tin/container with greaseproof paper or foil.
  3. In a saucepan melt the butter, both the chocolates and condensed milk, stirring occasionally
  4. Once melted add the coffee and give it a stir
  5. Quickly transfer the fudge to your square tin/container and start spreading it so it covers the whole tin, then let it cool to room temperature
  6. While it is cooling down, start making the salted caramel, I used this recipe : http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/salted-caramel-sauce
  7. Let the caramel cool, then drizzle it on top of the fudge, either using a spoon, fork or a piping bag
  8. Place the fudge in the fridge for atleast a couple of hours before serving. Cut into little squares when ready to serve.

Enjoy! :)

16 comments:

  1. Oh yum this looks so good! Mocha and salted caramel are two of my favourite flavours, so I'm pretty sure I would love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, same I love both the flavours too. Do let me know how it goes if you try it.

      Delete
  2. You had me at 'Salted Caramel' :) This sounds so gooooood! Thanks for linking up at Sweet & Savoury Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salted caramel is quite amazing! ;) Your welcome and thanks for hosting! :D

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the feature on the velvet moon, that's where I found you. I'm now following you. I would love for you to come visits me at http://www.memoriesbythemile.com/
    I have a link party on Tuesday's immediately following my Tuesday Trivia, hope you'll come.
    Happy Spring,
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very pleased about the feature. Thanks for following and I'll love to participate in the link party, thanks for the invite :)

      Delete